Powered By Blogger

Friday

I'm your primate dancer. A dancer, a monkey, and any old music will do.

Someone please revoke my craigslist priviledges before I do something silly.  I believe thats what went thru kabuki's mind.  A long time ago.  And who the hell does Home Depot think they are kidding with $15 Big-as-a-horse Orchids. Trying to cull favor with the kabuki person.  It almost worked until a snarling Bruce slunk past.  You would thing that place had a dress code.  Anyway - here is the start of the living room.  The teak coffee table requires refinishing, so it is not pictured.  It is hiding in shame in the sunroom.  Please feel free to crush kabuki's dreams by remarking how tattered everything appears.  kabuki will just die.  After she takes you out into the desert and says bad things about your upbringing.  Because that is how kabuki rolls.  Any way with little sleep, money, patience, chocolate ice cream, etc kabuki shall press on.  My sincere thanks to the several people who assisted kabuki, the move would not have occurred without them.  Many thanks to felix - it was his idea after all.  So if you need a sacrifice for the earthquake gods, call me and kabuki will give you directions to LA.  Really, kabuki is still much to busy unpacking to undergo any sacrificial duties at this time.  It is always nice just to be nominated, as so many people in California will attest.  Also, no one warned me about little latino women driving golfcarts on the road.  It is difficult enough to drive out here (so picturesque) without hysterical fits of laughter.  Really, must you think only of yourselves?  And a word to the armed gunmen who robbed the Sally's beauty supply store the very week kabuki arrived :  too little, too late my criminal friends.  To compete with kabuki's level of beauty you should have started at birth.  Plus - Sally's beauty supply - what did you make off with?  Wash-out color rinses are so 1970s.  Must kabuki now educate the criminal set as to style and grace?  Oh well, as you can tell - lots to do here.  kabuki is happy, excited and just a teensy bit proud of himself.  More to come - of that you can be sure.  tatas

9 comments:

  1. A gunman held up the Sally Beauty Supply? Are they sure is wasn't just a disgrulted drag queen? And darling, your place looks wonderful! I adore that sofa, although a little to boxy for a fainting sofa. Mine are all wide for that pupose. Now the place calls for a chic and groovy house warming. Complete with some Lena Horne music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my sweet jeebus, it looks wonderful! I'm thinking Swedish meatballs and pigs in a blanket for the house warming party (I'm sure Norma will fly out when she hears the menu) and maybe pepper the Lena with a little Mancini and some Brasil '66.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Transform that bare wall with a chrome Deer Head. Exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving your "Big as a horse" orchid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mistress MJ is done critiquing kabuki decor.

    After all, once kabook walks into a room, all is splendor and beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No beer stains?

    ReplyDelete
  7. crush your dreams? my dear, i've no intention. after having seen that herculon abortion you had in virginia, this looks positively digestian....architectural digestian. really.

    i adore the sofa and the chair & ottoman reek of "to the trade." i'm sure the teak coffee table will suit the suite better, but hey, rome wasn't built in a day, was it.

    bravo kabook.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll crush your dreams, baby. Just the way you like them crushed.

    Congrats on your new home. I can't wait to see it. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our paths crossed at some point while I was driving the U-haul from San Diego to Lubbock. But I was south of you, on I-8 and I-10. I saw "The Thing" in Arizona, and got groped by an alien in Roswell, New Mexico. None of this lives up to your success of finding and making a new home in Desert Hot Springs! You're amazing, kabuki. Can you learn me how to be happy like you, despite our burdens of beauty?
    -- Honey West

    ReplyDelete